The Growth of Government
We all want our government to provide effective services. But we’ve asked government to take on too much, and now it can’t seem to do anything well. What are the right jobs for the government, and how do we get things back on track?
Use our resources below to learn more about this issue and how you can help find a solution.
Make It Happen
There’s a lot we can do stop new regulations before they get started, and fix old ones. Here’s how:
- Pay attention to the news. If you hear about a new regulation, check it out and see what the impact would be for you.
- Share a link to this page on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share one of the photos at the top on Instagram.
- Email this page to a friend who is also concerned about big government.
- Talk to people in your community about your concerns and ideas to fix regulations.
- When you find a regulation that doesn’t make sense, contact your state legislators, congressman or senators and let them know.
Curbing the size of government
In his first day in office, President Reagan promises to curb the size of the federal government and protect federalism.
“We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much.”
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States
Keep in touch
Sign up for occassional emails with thoughtful updates on important issues.