Marriage & Family
Healthy marriages are the foundation of society. At the same time a broad majority of Americans feel that the country is on the wrong track, marriage has become less of a priority. The shift away from marriage in our culture has an incredible impact on relationships, child development, even poverty and crime.
Use our resources below to learn more about this issue and how you can help find a solution.
Make It Happen
There’s a lot we can do stop new regulations before they get started, and fix old ones. Here’s how:
- Pay attention to the news. If you hear about a new regulation, check it out and see what the impact would be for you.
- Share a link to this page on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share one of the photos at the top on Instagram.
- Email this page to a friend who is also concerned about big government.
- Talk to people in your community about your concerns and ideas to fix regulations.
- When you find a regulation that doesn’t make sense, contact your state legislators, congressman or senators and let them know.
What you don’t know about marriage
In this funny, casual talk from TEDx, writer Jenna McCarthy shares surprising research on how marriages (especially happy marriages) really work. One tip: Do not try to win an Oscar for best actress.
“Before you marry a person, you should first make them use a computer with slow Internet to see who they really are.”
Keep in touch
Sign up for occassional emails with thoughtful updates on important issues.